Your tires are play a critical role when it comes to the safety of your vehicle. What many people don’t realize is that with proper tire maintenance you can actually help prevent an auto accident due to a tire blowout from occurring. If you have been in an auto accident, contact our Parkersburg attorneys at (304) 865-8530 to schedule a free case evaluation.
Each month you should check your tires to ensure that they are safe. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recommends the following tips:
- Check your tire pressure at least once a month and any time you plan on heading on a road trip.
- Check your spare tires pressure once a month and before road trips as well, in case you need to make use of it.
- Inspect tires for uneven wear, cracks, objects penetrating the tire, missing valve caps and any other signs of damage.
- Don’t overload your vehicle. Each vehicles owner’s manual has a maximum recommended load listed, do not exceed this.
- If there is a pothole or object in the road and you can’t avoid it, slow down.
- Avoid running over or bumping into curbs as this can damage your tires.
Once you see that the tread on your tires has worn, make sure you replace them as soon as possible, before they become a threat.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact Jim Leach, L.C., by calling (304) 865-8530 to schedule your free consultation with one of our experienced auto accident attorneys today. We welcome clients residing throughout West Virginia, including Morgantown, Charleston, and Parkersburg.